Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Complete Streets part 4

In my last section about Complete Streets, I combine all the elements to show what a complete street actually looks like. Lets first remember that we have to design according to function of the road. Homes and businesses on it? Access roads. Large artery? Through road. The links between the two? Distributor road. Sometimes it is impossible to separate link and place, but this is generally on the city centre arterial roads.

The city made some nice examples. . If you enjoy sub par roads that is. I made a few of my own showing what the ideal is.


And the ones I made myself. 

This means that in every situation the city guidelines suggest, I found the space for a better solution without widening it and whenever there happens to be parking, I keep at least some of it on one side of the other. And the ideals I suggest are as wide or narrower than similar proposals from the city with equal intentions of what the road is to be used for. The space is there if you look at a road as a blank slate not what it is now. If you haven't seen the other posts on this, here is the last one: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6756907006054199604#editor/target=post;postID=484658135396455475;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=1;src=postname.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting